The following lists the prerequisites for becoming a BEACH lifeguard:
· Swim 500 meters in under 9:45 minutes for beach guards.
· Run 1 mile in under 10:00 minutes, beach guards only.
Beach guards - your entire first summer's performance, as well as in rookie school will also have an impact if you remain a beach guard or get moved to the pool. During rookie school you will be expected to swim a mile as well as use lifeguard equipment such as paddle boards and kayaks. Running will be involved, use of radio's, first aid training, and use of torps and line during rescues. During big water days you will also be evaluated on rescue drills.
New beach applicants – be prepared to spend about 2 hours the day of the test, you will run, swim and interview. If you get hired you will then have to do the same steps as above as the returning guards. You will also not start work until rookie school is completed in June. If you have experience from a previous beach we may waive the start date for you but you will attend 1-2 days of rookie school so you go through all of our procedures.
·NEW POOL GUARDS - Swim 200 meters (untimed) for first year only. You will then also have an interview.
After you send in your application look for your name posted on the web site. If it is, then you are to come on May 11, 2019 at 4:45 to the Neptune Aquatic Center and do your 200 yard swim and interview.
New pool applicants - see above in red your requirements and then the same paperwork process as the beach guards.
If you do not see your name listed, email me firstname.lastname@example.org and find out why. It may simply be an oversight.
IF HIRED YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING FOR CERTIFICATIONS:
- ·CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and basic First Aid -BEACH GUARDS ONLY
- Pool guards must also have LGT.
This is only required if you are hired, no guard will start work unless cards are on file
· Commit to working from Memorial Day through Labor Day; as per the agreement between the Boro of Spring Lake and the Guards of Spring Lake, employees returning to college before Labor Day may end their season three days before the start of class.
RETURNING POOL GUARDS - you need to do the on-line data base form, make sure all certifications are up to date, and email Diana Strizki about availability.
Returning beach guards, complete on-boarding process for payroll
DO THIS ASAP FROM TODAY ON, THE EARLIER THE BETTER. Thanks!
You now can swim test anytime from March 1, on. Go to the pool and there is a form for you do test with the Neptune Guards. College students - hopefully you can do this on spring break.
Otherwise you will test in the North end pool the night of the organizational meeting May 23 at 4:00.
The run test will be over Memorial weekend or one of the preseason weekends.
All returning and new hires, we will have an organizational meeting on May 23, at 5:30 at North End. Hopefully most of you can make it, we will go over paperwork, uniforms, and additional information.
If you are new to nationals, here is some information.
- Get your memebership paid for www.usla.org
- Once you get your number at a certain point, usually early July you register for the event.
- Get a hotel reservation, do it fast most are gone.
- Talk to Janet if you are going and want to get on the “team” events.
- Talk to Shane Toohey or Janet if you have questions.
NEW POOL GUARD APPLICANTS
NEW BEACH GUARD APPLICANTS
NEW SPECIALTY POSITIONS
RETURNING POOL GUARDS
Aiello Matt, Aiello Nick, Donahue Mike, Hull Caroline, Laurie Mark, Sultzer Matt,
RETURNING BEACH GUARDS
Carbin Jenna, Corrigan Miller, DiTommaso Kristen, Gaszynski Jan, Gorodynsky Daniel,
RETURNING SPECIALTY POSITIONS
Lenk Kevin - Jr Guard Director,